Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday and Weekend Plans

It's only Thursday and I've had a big week of stuff happening.  Last week I went out to a Mexican Costume Birthday Party; which went off with a bang (and me burning my face with a party popper - not too bad, trust me, it just stung a little, that's all).
Then, last night, I had a blast at the Triple M studios in at North Quay with Mum where we - along with 9 other people and their friends - hung out in the large back room and listened to 'The Living End's new album due out tomorrow.  We were treated to drinks and food, table tennis and pool and a tour around the studios.  It was a lot of fun... and we totally enjoyed ourselves as we got to meet three announcers (Banger, Jo and Woody) and got to do a promo in 'The Cage's studio; very cool.  By the end of the night, we were given a poster and asked our addresses so the studio could send out a free copy of 'The Living End's new cd to us (this included our guests too!).  Mum loved the music and so she put down her address too as well as I did.
Today, I was off to the chiropractor.  So, I didn't spend much time on the computer as I wanted as I had to do some laundry, washing up and checking of the mail across the road.  It was just a busy morning of work that had to be done before I went out.  On my way to the bus stop, I found my MP3 player kept on cutting out on me and the radio station I had it on (Triple M) was sounding horrible.  I felt like I was either doing a strange type of Yoga in public or trying to hitch a ride off the planet Ford Prefect style... either way, my MP3 player wasn't doing me any favours with how I looked; which wasn't very cool.  This has been happening since Digital Radio came into play; and so it means I will need to update my gadgetry when it comes to portable music.  When I got to Mum and Dad's place, I made a decision:  I told Mum that I'll be getting myself an iPod.  She said that after all my MP3 player is 5 years old and it might be out of date.
This brings me to this weekend; which I think I'll bring up one day - tomorrow.  I will be cleaning out and cleaning up the place again.  I've been having a lot of fun lately and not had a lot of time to clean up the house and this weekend is the time to do it.  So, I'll be pulling out the vacuum cleaner and duster and cleaning up everywhere I can.  The laundry will be put away, any of my bags that can be put through the laundry will be... and anything that needs throwing out will be tossed, out after being sorted through.  This will be a weekend of catching up with things that need to be done... after all, I've had almost every weekend since the beginning of this month filled with social events; until now.
Well, that's all for now.  It's getting late and I'm ready for bed.  There's laundry - again - tomorrow to be done in the morning.  So, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win and enjoy your spring cleaning this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to take longer than the weekend; I know it. Seeing I've been here for 8 1/2 years - have never done a clean-out like this - I'm sure I'll come across things that have been in hiding for a long time! :D

    And I'll be toting up things that will be heading off to the charity stores too.

    ReplyDelete