Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Day Off From Cleaning

It's been a very busy couple of days.  So far, I've cleaned out my bedroom and the home office; quite successfully too.  And today, I'm at my folks' house to stay the night and put out their bins and attend my craft day tomorrow with the ladies up the road.

But while I was getting some fresh food at Arndale Shopping Centre down the road, I dropped by Sam's Warehouse to see what they had in the way of storage containers - as I need one for the office for some books - and found a good one with wheels on it for $9.99.  Not a bad deal if you ask me.  So, I bought that and brought it home in the back seat after I bought some essentials at Coles.

It's been cold today and I don't think it's going to get any warmer... so I'm all rugged up and nice and warm.  The television is staying off until I really need it and so is the stereo as I really don't feel like listening to anything at the moment... the silence will help me write and edit more later on in the night; something I haven't been doing lately is my writing.

Anyway, yesterday was a big day out at the Logan Art Gallery where it was a family day marking 150 years of history of settlement of the Samoans and South Pacific Islanders here in Australia.  The Queensland Archives were there to show people where they could find their family history and were handing out retro type badges, fridge magnets and bookmarks as well as information and other great things about the day.  By 5pm, we had around 300 people walk through our doors... and the day before we had around the same number.
There was music, food and art outside and all kinds of people from everywhere came and had fun.  Being an alcohol-free zone didn't make it any less interesting, but we all enjoyed ourselves.  When I arrived, I was invited to paint my hands onto a sail that was laid out on a table... and so I rolled paint onto my hands and planted them onto it; and at the end of the day, it was hung up in the third gallery for everyone to see.  How cool is that?
By 4pm, everything was closed up, put away and everyone was off home before 5pm.  They were wonderful and helpful and the lawn out the front of the Logan Art Gallery was clean and tidy and we were almost ready to head off home ourselves.  I had fun being at the desk and being able to talk to everyone there; as well as walk around the exhibition when I wanted.  But it was also exhausting too.  
So, I came home, made a pizza dough and waited out the hour for it to rise at a neighbour's house with a drink or two.  We had a few laughs while they cooked their dinner and then I was off home to chop up the ingredients to put on my dinner.  Before long, my dinner was ready and I ate it all and it was getting on in the night.  What a long day!

Today?  I washed up, put out the rubbish, did a load of towels to hang up on the clothes horse and then I packed and arrived here at my parents' house for a day or so and then I'll be back home again by tomorrow afternoon.  I've had to throw out some things - but not much - and replace some food too for dinner tonight.  However, I'm going well here.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment