Thursday, July 4, 2013

Taking It Easy

It's the 4th July and I'm still more than a bit sore from yesterday's excursion out and about shopping; even though I took it very easy and didn't rush.  And it wasn't because I didn't rush, it was because the bags were a little too heavy when I got home.  

Now, that's just something I've had to learn and deal with.  My stomach hurt last night and I didn't feel like eating, but I did.  I was also tired early and could barely keep my eyes open - and I'm still tired today.  But I had to go out and do my fruit and veggie shopping at The Big Apple.
And just like yesterday, I didn't rush it.  I had breakfast before I left home, walked nice and slow and took my time getting there and back.  I didn't want to hurt myself.  And it's a lovely day for it too.

I also scored some great photos today too!  An Egret (I think that's what it was) was as the creek looking for his late breakfast; and he found it, caught it and scoffed it down as I took photos of him.  And he was just lovely... and I mean lovely... as he tried to hide from me behind all the weeds and greenery.  Cheeky guy!  But I got a lovely lot of photos.  Then, I turned around and found a fairy circle!  These are rare!  It was a big one too.  It was a massive circle of mushrooms laid out on the grass!  What a great sight that was!  I haven't seen a fair circle since my Grandma was alive!  But when I mentioned it to a lady who saw me photographing it, she didn't seem to know what it was... I said I hadn't seen one in ages.  They are wonderful things when you find them - especially of this size!

Well, I arrived home and found I had a message from Mum on the phone.  But first, I had to call the Logan City Council about the unfortunate fate of a cat out the front of the unit complex.  Yeah, this morning, I found a poor cat had been hit by a car - or most likely a truck - and chipped in its last 8 lives; poor little thing.  So, once I placed the call and let them know it had to be picked up, I returned the call to Mum and Dad... I just hope the cat isn't one of the ones from over the back fence because it was grey.  
Once my groceries were put away and got myself a drink, I was running pretty well on time for myself.  However, the hours have zoomed by and I've been just cruising around on Facebook and other sites I'm a member of.  Yeah, I'm taking it easy.  I moved my chiropractor appointment to next month - as I don't think my body will appreciate me getting another person pushing and pulling it right now - and I want to make sure it's fully healed before getting my chiropractor looking at my back.  They understood when I called up and told them what's been happening and moved my appointment for me.  Well, that's me for today... until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment