Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Day Off

Since Monday, I've been on the go; but not because I had a choice.  With craft group, I was there painting and working on a new larger piece because I had to rest my right arm - which is fair enough.  By the time that ended, it was raining and I was glad I drove there and not walked.  
I dropped into Mum and Dad's place and looked for something for Aunty Helen, then locked up again and drove home where I made some nachos and settled in to work on my painting again.

Yesterday, I was out at Bunnings again to find a piece for one of my large handled utensils.  I found it, picked up a large river stone and came home.  On the way out to the car park, I found somebody had left a box next to the back of my car and so I used it to put the other rocks in the back of the car into it; to keep them from rolling around.  Then, I was off to Mum and Dad's place to borrow a few tools to work on my garden in the afternoon.  With my tennis elbow, my work on this project was going to slow down, and not completely stop... I still want to get this done.
Anyway, I found some mail in their letter box which was supposed to have come to my place and so I grabbed that, called the bank for Mum and then came home.  I did some washing up, tidying up and patted Sheba - the neighbour's cat over the back fence - and took some photos of the front yard as well as a Kookaburra on the roof from the backyard - and then worked on my front garden for about an hour.  And - boy! - was it a slow hour!  I took my time though.  The rock wall looks good, but still needs work as it needs two more rocks to give it proper overlap and to make them stand up properly as they're laying down too much.  Oh well, live and learn.  I'll be doing the next part of that wall tomorrow.  Otherwise, it'll hold until then - seeing it's all dug unto the ground.  And by tomorrow, I'll clean it up properly and it'll look great with proper rocks around it, leaning up against it to hold the water back.  I can't wait to finish it.  
So, today, I'm just catching up with things around the place I haven't done.  So far, I've done the laundry, pulled in the bin (as collection was early) and then put away the kitchen towels and some wiping up.  I'm hoping to get in and tidy up the lounge a bit more and do out the bags next to the piano and throw out more stuff I don't need.  But that might wait until another day.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment