Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Shopping Day With A Difference!

This morning has been really full-on!  Honestly... it has.  I've been up since 7am and only sat down at around 11am as that was when I stopped running around like the chickens here at Gabe & Kat's house when feeding time is on.

When I woke this morning, I had noticed it had rained a little before dawn, so this place was nice and cool.  I organised the corn and feed for the chickens as well as myself for a morning out shopping.  
After I ate breakfast, washed up and got myself ready to walk out the door, I locked up and headed off to the bus stop, and only had to wait a few minutes before the 312 WIZ showed up to - well - whiz me off to Sandgate Town Centre.  For a good part of the bus ride, I was on the bus on my own until an elderly lady got on and we both got off about two stops before Town Hall, where she showed me where the Life Line was.  I had wanted to have a look at this place for a while now, and today was the day I went in.
This place looks very small, but on the inside, it goes a long way back.  And I found lots of wonderful things here.  Their stock is great; however, they didn't have much in the way of handbags or coin purses, but clothes!  Wow!  Their clothes were lovely.  The only downside to the clothes were the price.  Their dresses were around the $25 mark and I find that too expensive for a charity store; especially when people go to these places and they don't have much money on them.  I could have gotten a better dress in Target for less.

I found a lovely bag and a Paua Shell - a large one - and bought them both for only $12 all up.  Then, I was on my way to Woolworths.  Before I went there, I dropped into the chemist and put in a prescription and then did my shopping.
Unfortunately, the Woolworths here at Sandgate is so darned expensive, I couldn't buy half the stuff I had on my list.  This disappoints me to no end.  Even the other customers agreed with me at how expensive the fresh produce is and nothing was sold; and to make things worse, a lot of it was green and under-ripe.  No way were we going to buy something that wasn't ready to eat today or tomorrow.
I bought a lot of what I needed, and one little luxury item of Nivea body moisturiser in a jar; which will help for when I've got dry skin every now and then, and it'll travel well too.  

I went through the self-serve checkouts, picked up my prescription from the chemist and went and bought myself an ice coffee from The Coffee Club to drink while I waited at the bus stop outside Woolworths.  It didn't take long for my bus - and the same driver, Pete - to show up.  And before long, I was back to the stop down the road... very cool.  Shopping this time only took me 2 hours all up from 8:40am until 10:30am... instead of the confusion that it caused last Friday (which really was just teething problems when you think of it).  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment