Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday!

I woke to birds outside and a little bit of rain.  But I woke just as my alarm was beginning to go off; and I thought that was cool.  I heard the chickens and wondered if they had found another way to get out, so went down there in my pajamas to check on them and found they were all in the coup.  Seeing I didn't have anywhere to really be today, I went back to bed.

An hour later, my alarm woke me again.  This time I stayed in bed for another half an hour and then decided it was time to get up and feed the chickens and have some breakfast.  
With the FM Classic station going, I ate my breakfast and planned what I had to do today; namely to make sure the house was cleaned up, washing up was done from this morning and to see if my laundry had dried from the other day.  And I wanted to have a shower to wash my hair too; as it was a warm night. 

After I got the washing up done, I swept the floors, put out the rubbish and wiped down all the counters, cupboard doors and fridge and looked at the time.  It was going onto 9am and I had had my shower by this time too.  All my planned chores had been done and dusted... even the chickens were happy; but my laundry was still not dry.  

Tonight, a couple of my friends are coming over for dinner.  I've planned on making a nice dish for them of vegetarian pasta.  I hope it all works out.  We ought to have a good night as I've never had people over here before.  
I'm sure to find some great music on their collection to play - or if all else fails... I'll plug in my iPod and play an album off that instead.  In any case, we ought to have a great time here.  

So, what are you plans over the weekend?  Mine are to paint, read and hang out with friends over dinner.  Sounds pretty sweet, eh?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment